Thursday, April 9, 2009

The roller coaster is never going to stop...

It's not good news for my mom. She finally had the colonoscopy today. They found a large mass on her colon. She will have surgery Monday if the doctors think her oxygen levels are high enough.

We're just in shock now...and I could really hurt the nurse who accidentally "let it slip" that there was a mass. She assumed we had already spoken to the doctor. Her first question...before she opened her mouth...should have been "Has the doctor been in to see you?". As of 30 minutes ago, the doctor had not been in to talk to my mother.

Just pray for us.

6 comments:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Oh no.

Please let us know when you know.

I know that words aren't enough right now, but I just wanted to let you know that if it's something bad, I've known many people who have gotten through and are now living great lives.

Keeping good thoughts.

Sultan said...

Ugh, how awful. Good wishes to your mom.

Becca said...

Oh no, I am thinking really good thoughts for you and your mom. Please let me know if I can do anything or be an ear, okay?

Many hugs,
b

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, Kels.. It can still be ok..let me know how you are, ok? Love you,
Jean

ReRe said...

i am so sorry. i just said a prayer for you and will continue to do so.

Anonymous said...

The new treatments they have now are amazing. There CAN be cures of things today that they couldn't cure even 2-3 years ago. Not to say your mom won't have a fight on her hands, but stay hopeful!! How fortunate to have a beautiful wedding to plan during all this bad news - that will keep everyone on a happier train of thought!